Friday, November 21, 2008

Our Week as the babysitters




Day 1 - Above - Started at 6:30 am while girls were still asleep. It was a down day. We dressed the girls and headed over to grandma's and grandpa's house to play. Whitney fell asleep in the swing out back while Hailey played make believe with the Wizard of Oz characters. Later Hailey found my black boots and decided to parade around the house as me. It was a nice day.

Day 2 - Sunday! Church was at 8:00 am. Wow! that was a chore. Makes me wonder how I did it with my own four kids, let alone twins. We went though. It was great, had all four grand kids to play with during the meeting. Later in the day Quinn and Noelle came over for dinner. All the kids just played together. When we finally went back to Katie's house to sleep it was bath time. Don't they look so cute in the tub?











Day 3 - It was our "Old McDonald's" day according to Hailey. Met Jason and Noelle there for lunch but alas no camera for pictures. Afterwards we played at my house for awhile. The girls decided to check out my closet. I promise it was clean. Whitney sat in the middle of all the shoes as Hailey and Noelle tried them all on.







Day 4 - What a fun day this was. We started it off with a movie. "Madagascar". It was so cute and Hailey loved it. Whitney took a nap during most of it. I packed two peanut butter sandwiches and they both ate them during the last half hour of the movie. We then went to Target (a favorite of the girls) to pick up the DVD of "Barbie Pegasus". I think we only watched it about a 100 times. You can see below, we danced and danced to the music.
















Day 5 - Today we had lunch at Olive Garden. Went to the park and slid down all the slides and played in the sand. Guess it is bath time when we get home.











Day 6 - Of course today I forgot my camera. We went to Taco Bell for lunch then to Michael's Craft store. We heard it was one of the girls favorites. Went back to Katie's then off for a walk, by the time we got back Dan and Katie were home. The two girls didn't want their mom or dad and I felt so bad about that... NOT! I loved it!


We had such a wonderful experience we loved every minute of the time we spent with Hailey and Whitney. They were so good to tend. Thanks Katie and Dan.















3 comments:

CMHill said...

thank goodness for awesome grandmas!

Stacie Aho said...

Looks like you had an awesome time! What nice grandparents. Too bad everyone got the flu after. Guess it was better after the babysitting than during!

Melanie said...

Boy, i guess we will all have to step it up if we are babysitting. Hope I can keep up.